Saturday, March 14, 2009

Banana Muffins

This is a muffin recipe I got from an old coworker. I often make it into banana bread, and it's very good.

Banana Muffins
3 c. flour
2 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 lb. unsalted butter, melted
2 extra-large eggs
3/4 c. whole milk
2 tsp. vanilla
4 mashed bananas (3 if they're big)
1 c. coconut

Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and melted butter in the bowl of an electric mixer and blend. Combine the eggs, milk, vanilla, and bananas, and then add them to the flour mixture. Add the coconut. Don't overmix.

Spoon into muffin tins, each cup 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

For bread, pour equal amounts of batter in two normal-sized bread pans. The cooking time is closer to 45 minutes, but I don't know exactly how long it is--just use the toothpick test, and you'll know when it's done.

3 comments:

  1. I had a bunch of over-ripe bananas that I needed to use up so I made these this afternoon for my family. They were a big hit. Out of 2 dozen I think there are currently 3 left and I plan to go eat one of them in a minute. I didn't have unsalted butter on hand so I just used regular and it worked fine. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks! T really wanted to try these after you told me about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a similar recipe for banana muffins, and mine has chocolate chips! It is so yummy and my kids love them!

    ReplyDelete